These little muffins are awesome.
Except they aren’t really muffins.
I mean they are muffin shaped. And they are easy to pick up and eat.
But that is where the similarities end.
They are however protein-packed and totally man-food approved! (Because let’s be real ladies… men are really hard to feed “healthy” food too.)
BUT WAIT! There’s more. They are also super simple to make! And you can make them ahead of time for the entire week!!! Hello breakfast, lunch, and snacks!!!!
Let me sum it up for you:
Super easy. Super delicious. Super protein packed. SUPER AWESOME.
Chop your veggies and sauté them.
Line your greased muffin tins with a slice of turkey.
Put your veggies in the turkey cups.
Top with some feta.
Pour over your egg mixture.
Bake until firm and golden brown.
And then try not to eat one when they come out of the oven. Or two. Or three.
The best part is you can eat them hot or cold. You can also use them as a filling for an egg sandwich.
And so you have breakfasts, lunches, and snacks for the whole week.
Healthy. Tasty. Fueling.
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, chopped
- reduced fat feta cheese
- 12 slices of turkey lunch meat of your choice (I used black pepper)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4-1 cup egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat free milk or milk of your choice
- Saute veggies in a skillet.
- In a greased muffin tin, place a slice of turkey in each well.
- Fill each turkey cup with the sautéed veggies and top with a little feta cheese.
- In a separate bowl, mix eggs, whites, and milk together.
- Pour over the veggies and feta.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 35 minutes or until eggs are firm and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Lasts in the fridge for up to a week.